Network engineers, sometimes known as network administrators, are responsible for installing and maintaining computer communication networks within an organisation or between organisations. Engineers can be found in any area of commerce and industry which relies upon IT systems. They may work as part of a company\'s in-house IT support team or for an IT consultancy firm, working with a number of clients
- have excellent IT skills
- have excellent analytical skills
- be able to prioritise tasks
- be able to explain technical issues clearly
- be able to work within a team
- have an excellent working knowledge of networking technologies and be able to keep up to date with latest developments.
Salaries start between £12,000 and £17,000 a year. With experience, earnings rise to between £19,500 and £31,000. Senior engineers can earn upwards of £35,000 a year.