Oversees the internet web site of the organization. Manages database development, technical programming, web site design, and daily operations. Directs the activities of other web site staff, including web developer, web author, web administrator, or webmaster.
- be creative and imaginative and have good presentation skills
- have a strong interest and ability in design
- have an in-depth knowledge of how the internet works and web design software packages
- have a working knowledge of computer peripherals such as scanners
- be prepared to keep up to date with changes in technology
Salaries start between £12,000 and £17,000 a year. With experience, earnings rise to between £19,500 and £31,000. Senior engineers can earn upwards of £35,000 a year.